Are you looking to put your home on the market? Spring is one of the most popular seasons to sell a single family home in Edmonton, so how do you ensure your current home stands out in the crowd?
At Parkwood Master Builder, we’ve compiled our best tips for preparing your home to sell for top dollar this spring!
- Declutter: Getting your home organized for photos and tours by decluttering is one of the best things you can do to sell it. Not only does it help you pack up or toss unused items before you move, but it also assists potential buyers in viewing your home as inviting, spacious and a place they could call their own.
- Paint: Did you know a fresh coat of paint can increase your home’s resale value? Touching up the paint on your front door and high trafficked areas of your home can give it a fresh and welcoming look that is appealing to potential buyers.
- Exterior Home Maintenance: With snow and ice melting, you will want to ensure water is draining away from the home and not pooling next to it. Areas to review regarding spring run-off are your sidewalks, walkways, and ground area next to the home (the first thing potential homebuyers will see when arriving to an open house!). Downspouts that were up over the winter can also be dropped down to drain the water run-off away from your home. Finally, once the snow is fully gone, ensure your lawn is well maintained to showcase the best first-impression of your home.
- Interior Home Maintenance: Spring is also a great time to check the filters in your Furnace, HRV and Humidifier. Clean filters will keep your mechanical units working at their best, as well as improve the airflow and circulation in your home – helping to decrease dust and stale air.
- Deep Clean: Ensure your home sparkles and shines by cleaning every nook and cranny. From dusting ceiling fans and blinds, to washing walls and countertops, a clean and fresh home is an easy way to wow buyers.
Once ready to sell your current home, take advantage of the Parkwood Sell & Save Program! List your home with our preferred Parkwood Realtor Partners and we will pay your listing fees – a savings of 50%! In addition, you will also get access to our Realtor Partner’s amazing service, click for full details.
Happy Spring and Happy Home Selling!