Improving the way people live, one number at a time!
If you’re a seasoned accountant who has a way with people and a knack for the numbers, you might be the perfect fit for our Parkwood crew!
We are looking for a self-motivated Financial Accounting Analyst to join our dynamic Edmonton team in a permanent, full-time capacity. Flexible hours will also be considered for the right person, so if part-time work is your gig, please do apply as well!
Together we provide homeowners with the ultimate personalized home buying experience.
The Parkwood Difference
We offer an inviting work environment and exciting perks to ensure our employees have everything they need to build a difference for themselves. Working at Parkwood means:
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Generous annual time off
- Personal development and coaching programs
- Employee Happy Hours and seasonally themed events
- Building a Difference Day – once per quarter, a team of employees participates in a paid volunteer day at the charity of their choosing
At Parkwood, we are passionate about our people. We really want to get a feel for who you are beyond your work experience, which is why we ask all applicants to please fill out our Pro.file People Survey© before sending in a cover letter and resume.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Accounting Analyst role is accountable for a range of accounting and people responsibilities:
- Financial analysis and forecasting on everything with numbers
- A data junkie when it comes to all business operations to identify patterns and help make key strategic decisions
- Monthly bank statement reconciliation:
- Posting recurring entries and compiling backup for journal entries
- Reconciling cashed cheques
- Monthly reporting:
- Commentary on the month end
- Work with site superintendents, as required, to ensure financial information is accurate and that shareholders are getting the necessary information they need
- Work with estimators, as required, to ensure financial information is accurate and that shareholders are getting the necessary information they need
- Prepare monthly GL reconciliations and journal entries for all entities
- Assist with the preparation of review documents/working papers
- Prepare monthly GST
- Support tax compliance (i.e. T5018’s, T4’s, Audits)
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; comply with federal and provincial legal requirements
- Support month-end and year-end close process across multiple companies
- Analyze and assess business processes and internal controls and recommend areas of improvement
- Preparing cheques for all of the companies
- EFT setups if necessary
- Must be curious by nature and excited to work with data across multiple disciplines in the home building industry
- Highly skilled in excel and financial modeling
- Must be a strong team player and bring enthusiasm and energy to the position
- Excellent organizational skills in order to handle multiple deadlines and tasks within a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills in order to interact with site personnel, clients, consultants and vendors.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail in a high-volume environment
- Professional designation started or completed
- Experience in a construction, real estate or land development environment
- Clean criminal record
Interested? If so, please complete our Pro.file People Survey© and send your cover letter and resume, quoting “Financial Accounting Analyst” in the subject, to email@example.com. Your submission will be reviewed thoughtfully and carefully; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.